So you are writing your first novel. You have worked out your characters, plot and conflict. This process could take sometime because creative writing is an art and not a science, therefore individual writers have different approaches to writing fiction.
Continue reading “Writing your first novel – Part 2”
Hello and welcome from a chilly London! I trust your writing is going well!
Continue reading “How to Find Your Target Audience!”
Let me ask you a question! Of all the fiction you have read over the years, what book or books stand out the most? Continue reading “Top Tips on Creating Great Fiction Characters!”
For those of us who will not be going on a summer holiday this year, here’s a great idea. Why not kick back, relax and take in a movie or two!
Continue reading “Forrest Gump – A Movie Review!”
Here is a list of 12 things that will guarantee you’ll never get published!
- Pick your nose as you gaze out of the window, when you should be writing!
- Fall asleep over your keyboard!
- Be the owner of one book!
- Write rarely or rarer than that!
- Write only when inspired!
- Do absolutely no research for your creative writing project!
- Spend all your time on social media instead of writing!
- Watching a lot of TV!
- Hoping your pet cat or dog can write that book for you!
- Never sending anything out to publishers and agents!
- Spend your weekends partying (in the name of research), but get no writing done later!
- Sleep with your manuscript under your pillow, expecting it to be done and dusted by the morning…
So there you have it! If you do any of the above, please, please under no circumstances give up the day job, if you have one in the first place, that is…!!!
Good Luck (you’re going to need it)!
Ps: On the other hand, I might just see you at your book signing!
Until next time,
Happy Writing, S
Have you ever thought about what makes a good novel? So you are in your local library or bookshop Continue reading “Where to Start Your Novel”
I don’t know about you but I can trace my interest in creative writing right back to childhood. Considering I am let’s just say, way out of my teens… that’s a long time ago! Continue reading “Creative Writer – Origins”