Well, well, well, so Christmas 2017 is finally behind us. Didn’t it rush up fast!! I bet you thought you would not survive all the festive activities, visiting family that you haven’t seen since, well, last year, making small talk, smiling sweetly! Hell, they don’t call it the ‘silly season‘ for nothing!
Continue reading “Bah Humbug”
Here is a list of 12 things that will guarantee you’ll never get published!
- Pick your nose as you gaze out of the window, when you should be writing!
- Fall asleep over your keyboard!
- Be the owner of one book!
- Write rarely or rarer than that!
- Write only when inspired!
- Do absolutely no research for your creative writing project!
- Spend all your time on social media instead of writing!
- Watching a lot of TV!
- Hoping your pet cat or dog can write that book for you!
- Never sending anything out to publishers and agents!
- Spend your weekends partying (in the name of research), but get no writing done later!
- Sleep with your manuscript under your pillow, expecting it to be done and dusted by the morning…
So there you have it! If you do any of the above, please, please under no circumstances give up the day job, if you have one in the first place, that is…!!!
Good Luck (you’re going to need it)!
Ps: On the other hand, I might see you at your book signing!
Until next time,
Happy Writing, S
Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotous AKA George Michael 25 June 1963 – 25 December 2016
I couldn’t let the sudden passing of one of my favourite singers/performer go by without saying something. Continue reading “George Michael – A Tribute”
Hello and welcome to the year 2017, how is it going for you so far? If you are still following my blog that means you are still thinking about creative writing. GOOD!
Continue reading “Fiction Writing Revealed”
So how was your Easter? Was it a well deserved break? Could you eat any more chocolate? For me it meant more thoughts Continue reading “Grow Your Creativity”
Ah, spring is finally here! Gone are the long dark nights of the autumn and winter and hello strolling around with less layers on, admiring the ambiance of your surroundings. Well that is how spring in London makes me feel. Forget about the potential Continue reading “Creative Writing – What Have You Done?”
Well, if as a budding writer you are experiencing this emotion, now or have in the past, then let me give you a very warm welcome to the club!
Continue reading “Feeling Lonely?”