The other day I was walking through an underpass in my neighbourhood in north London trying to catch a shop just before it closed. I had no particular thought in my head (unusual for me, believe me)! Then this woman pushed a leaflet into my hand, saying something like ‘God loves you, read this!’
Continue reading “The Accidental Writer!”
So you want to be a writer? Well done, you have taken a brave step! Many have gone before you and failed!
Continue reading “Minimum Wage! Welcome to a Writer’s Life – Not for the faint-hearted!”
It’s one thing to be able to tell a story. If it gets published it might sell reasonably well – good going. However, it is an entirely different thing to be able to tell a GREAT story that will go on to sell bucket-loads regardless of your chosen publishing route.
Continue reading “The Art of Good Storytelling”
Have you ever thought about what it takes to be a good writer? Any kind of writer? What distinguishes an average writer from a great writer?
Continue reading “The Skill of Writing”
Well, well, well, so Christmas 2017 is finally behind us. Didn’t it rush up fast!! I bet you thought you would not survive all the festive activities, visiting family that you haven’t seen since, well, last year, making small talk, smiling sweetly! Hell, they don’t call it the ‘silly season‘ for nothing!
Continue reading “Bah Humbug”
Here is a list of 12 things that will guarantee you’ll never get published!
- Pick your nose as you gaze out of the window, when you should be writing!
- Fall asleep over your keyboard!
- Be the owner of one book!
- Write rarely or rarer than that!
- Write only when inspired!
- Do absolutely no research for your creative writing project!
- Spend all your time on social media instead of writing!
- Watching a lot of TV!
- Hoping your pet cat or dog can write that book for you!
- Never sending anything out to publishers and agents!
- Spend your weekends partying (in the name of research), but get no writing done later!
- Sleep with your manuscript under your pillow, expecting it to be done and dusted by the morning…
So there you have it! If you do any of the above, please, please under no circumstances give up the day job, if you have one in the first place, that is…!!!
Good Luck (you’re going to need it)!
Ps: On the other hand, I might see you at your book signing!
Until next time,
Happy Writing, S
Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotous AKA George Michael 25 June 1963 – 25 December 2016
I couldn’t let the sudden passing of one of my favourite singers/performer go by without saying something. Continue reading “George Michael – A Tribute”