I came across this in Writers’ Forum magazine (Dec 2018). A novel-writing competition, sponsored by Your Cat magazine. The first prize is a three-book deal. The genres can be romance, fantasy, historical, thriller or a Christmas story! But get this, there has to be a cat in your story! Yes, you have read right, be sure your novel features a feline to qualify for the competition!
The competition is open to new writers only (unpublished), however your manuscript must be assessed by an editorial service first.
The deadline for this competition is 28 February 2019! Not a great deal of time, would obviously suit someone whose manuscript is READY!
More details can be obtained here: https://www.choc-lit.com/
All the best of luck!
Here is a list of 12 things that will guarantee you’ll never get published!
- Pick your nose as you gaze out of the window, when you should be writing!
- Fall asleep over your keyboard!
- Be the owner of one book!
- Write rarely or rarer than that!
- Write only when inspired!
- Do absolutely no research for your creative writing project!
- Spend all your time on social media instead of writing!
- Watching a lot of TV!
- Hoping your pet cat or dog can write that book for you!
- Never sending anything out to publishers and agents!
- Spend your weekends partying (in the name of research), but get no writing done later!
- Sleep with your manuscript under your pillow, expecting it to be done and dusted by the morning…
So there you have it! If you do any of the above, please, please under no circumstances give up the day job, if you have one in the first place, that is…!!!
Good Luck (you’re going to need it)!
Ps: On the other hand, I might just see you at your book signing!
Until next time,
Happy Writing, S
Have you ever thought about what makes a good novel? So you are in your local library or bookshop Continue reading “Where to Start Your Novel”
Well, well, well. I don’t know about you but I have thoroughly enjoyed the Rio Olympics. My main gripe is that it was over way too quickly! And didn’t team GB do well! Loads of medals. Continue reading “Go Team GB!!!”